Tonight I spent a couple hours working on the right wing. I started by removing the gap faring and brackets that were clecoed on the wing. I surface prepped and primed the gap faring, and match drilled and dimpled the holes as necessary. I also took this opportunity to install the aileron brackets with the service bulliten Vans posted a few months back. I already did this to the left wing.
Here you can see the back and front of the aileron bracket, with the reinforcement plates on the front of the rear spar (img 1). Rivets had to be shot and bucked because my rivet squeezer doesn’t reach some of the rivets.