This weekend I spent nearly 20 hours working on the project. It was extremely satisfying to get quality time on it.
I spent the time working on the panel, subpanel and forward ribs and forward top skin. Here’s the center sub panel with the forward channel.
Here’s the subpanel installed with the top skin fitted. I spent some time with the alignment to ensure he structure was straight.
I then drilled the top skin to the firewall flange. You can see it clecoed here across the top.
I then made the seal support flanges for the subpanel and prepped and riveted the subpanel components together. The center subpanel is separate from the two outboard panels in order to install it in the fuselage.