Today I spent time disassembling the panel and making the wiring harness for all the switches. Since I’m using the VPX for my power distribution, all of the switches are wired directly to the J2 connector and to ground. It simplifies the wiring and allows for a very clean setup.
Once I had the panel out of the plane, I installed the switches so I could measure the wires and begin the assembly.
Once I had the switches in, I began wiring them and bundling the harness to that the wires could route to the VPX without too much trouble.
The resulting installation is quite clean and organized. I then tested each switch to ensure proper grounding and that the VPX pins match my wiring schematics. Next time I’ll test the functionality of each switch on the VPX using my laptop.
Another angle showing the switches. There’s still some cleanup of the panel to do, and then it will be ready for painting.