Today I spent about 6 hours working on the wings and wing parts. I began by cutting the pushrods to length. I then primed and riveted the pushrod ends to the tubes. 

I then installed them in the wings. The rod end bearings will be adjusted to the final length when everything gets put together. I also put the autopilot servo wiring harness through the wing. Earlier in the day I put two dsub9 connectors on and connected them together. 

I also assembled the aileron attachment brackets. 

Here you can see them clecoed to the wings. The right wing brackets are also mounted to the wing. I’m going to hold off attaching them to the wing permanently so I can perform the latest service bulletin that Vans released. It will require some removal of the rivets, but it will be beneficial for safety. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s