It’s been a few weeks since I’ve worked on the project. Family parties and graduations and stuff have been popping up and work has gotten very busy so I haven’t had any time to get to the garage. However, I put together a list of what needs to be done on the wings to close them out.
- Remove ailerons/flaps
- Dimple/surface-prep aileron braces
- Prep aileron reinforcement brackets for the service bulletin
- Dimple top skin for aileron brace flush rivets
- Dimple/rivet flap hinges to bottom skin
- Install pvc wiring conduit through lightening holes
- Dimple/prime/edge finish the remaining left and right bottom skins
- Install nutplates for last access panels
- Rivet aileron brackets
- Dimple remaining ribs
- Rivet bottom skin
It seems like a long list but it’s pretty standard stuff. I’m going to hold off on riveting the bottom skin for quite a while, however everything else can probably be completed in a day of solid work. I didn’t include the wingtip work in this list because I’m planning on holding off on that for a long time as well. With the wiring conduit in the wing I should have no issues wiring up my landing/nav/strobe lights later on.