This update is for yesterday and today.
I began by finally getting the fuse up on the rotisserie. It was quite the effort but totally worth it.
It’s about 2ft higher off the ground and much easier to work on. Rotating it to the orientation I need will be extremely valuable.
I followed this by drilling and fitting the flap weldment and bearing blocks.
The bearing blocks were tougher to drill than I had expected but it all fits and motion is smooth.
I then installed the two static ports on either side of the fuse, they are just two pop rivets drilled out. They will be glued in place and plumbed along with the pitot tube plumbing.
Today I decided to finish up the second seatback. I began by utilizing my new bandsaw to cut he angle stock to size. It had already paid for itself in time savings and no headaches.
Cutting the notches took me more than an hour last time (using the wrong tool sucks) as well as making nice even angles. I then used my scotchbrite wheel to buff and smooth everything out.
For the FAA as proof I’m the one building! 🙂 and after about 3 hours I have my pilots seat!
After this photo was taken I drilled all the holes to #30 and then disassembled everything in prep for priming and riveting. But that’s for tomorrow!