Today I got out the parts for the rudder pedal assembly. I’m only going with pilot side brakes so I only had to deal with one set of parts.
I started by getting out the brake pedal plates and assorted parts. I just got a bench top bandsaw which made life SO MUCH BETTER! I immediately cut the angle stock to size.
I then drilled the angle stock to the plates based on the prepunched holes, deburred and primed all the parts. I also decided on painting the pedals a satin black. I think the gold rivets and black make for a nice contrast.
Here are the finished parts. I’m mostly happy with them, but I’m going to go with it.
I couldn’t resist test fitting them in the fuse. Tomorrow I will continue installation and will most likely make several mounting points for adjustable pedal location. I also routed the rudder cables through the fuse but didn’t get a picture of it.