Today I had some free time so I decided to work on the fuel tank. I spent a fair amount of time taking the tank off the wing. When I got to the final main bolt holding the tank on, I realized it was stripped! I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get the bolt out.
I finally got the tank off and onto the bench. I spent some time checking all the seams and proseal used. The quality of the QB tanks is really good. I then worked on getting the access panel fitted. I also did a preliminary check of my leak test setup.
It consists of some plastic tubing attached to the vent line. I have it taped to the lower edge of the tank. Once I seal the access panel I can then pressurize the tank to the recommended 1 psi, and check for leaks. If it holds pressure then I will be very happy!
Looking into the tank through the access panel. The fuel level sensor will be located in this bay of the tank.