Happy thanksgiving to my US friends! Today being a day off for us, I spent a few hours this morning in the garage.
I started by prepping and riveting the flap hinge on the remaining wing, the flaps are officially on! (Temporarily)
I then spent some time safety wiring my autopilot servo, it was a bit tricky and I had to redo it a few times. But I eventually got it!
It’s not perfect, but it works. The wire will prevent any of the three bolts from backing out.
The end of it (top left in the image) will be out through a small hole im going to drill through the bracket. This will secure the final bolt.
I then spent some time removing the remaining fuel tank in preparation for sealing the access panel. I really hope I don’t have to continuously remove and install it. It’s very tedious work.
You can see on the left tank (right side) I have the pressure testing manometer hooked up. Once I seal the access panel to the tank, I will pressurize the tank up to 1psi or so and monitor the pressure to see if it’s leaking. This can be the most nerve racking part because if there’s a leak, it could be tough to find. Fingers crossed!
Until next time, Happy Thanksgiving!