Roll bar 

Tonight I spent about 3 hours working on the rollbar. It’s a very tedious job and requires a lot of precision. 

I began by placeing the plate I made last week onto the two rear channels. After measuring and checking the width of the rollbar I drilled the plate to the channels and clecoed it in place. I then placed the lower strip into the channel. I measured the rivet holes and used my center punch to mark the points. The holes are 1.5″ apart and 1/4″ away from the edge of the channel. 

This is the first half of the lower strip drilled and clecoed. It doesn’t look like much, but this alone took me about 45 minutes. 

Where’s the inside of the strip. 


I managed to finish both sides of the strip and everything measured up perfectly! I then proceeded to do the top strip. It’s the same process. I then took out the other half of the rollbar and placed that on the strips and clamped them in place. I’m using blocks of wood to keep it off the table, but I’m not happy with the potential for it to twist. I’m going to figure out a better way to do it. 


Tomorrow I’m hoping to finish up the rollbar! 

Roll bar 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s