Today I spent a few hours working on the exhaust hangars, heater and the fuel lines.
It’s been on my to-do list for a long long time, but I finally marked and drilled the hole in the firewall for the fuel line.
I then test fitted the fuel line between the pump and firewall fitting. I had to fabricate a new tube in order to fit the position I drilled the hole. In hindsight I should have drilled it about one inch to the left of this, in order to provide more room for the heater scat tubing on the other side, however it should be fine.
The forward tunnel cover will go over this portion of the tubing as well as the wiring harness.
I then worked on the hangars for the exhaust as well as heat muff.
Here you can see the hangars before I installed the heat muff. The left hangar here will need to be modified to account for it.
I didn’t get any pictures during the install, but here is the heater installed with the tubing. I will need to add some support to prevent chaffing of the tubes on the engine mount.
I will also need to add some support for the fuel tubing here to prevent rubbing on the tube. It shouldn’t be too difficult to keep these two separated.
I will need to fabricate a support bar to extend the exhaust mount a bit wider in order to attach the hangar in order to avoid the scat tube.