Today I spent a few hours cleaning the shop and installing some fittings on the engine. My goal is to hang the engine next weekend.
I cut the safety wire on the six screws holding the governor so that I could rotate the lever arm. I then installed the cable bracket in white and reinstalled the screws and re-safety wired them.
This is the fitting installed and with tape over it to keep moisture out. You can see how tight it is to get a wrench on there.
The fitting (with tape over it) is right above the left p-mag and just under the oil breather tube (with the red cap).
Fuel will come out the bottom port and go to the fuel servo near the front of the engine.
I also installed the oil pressure fitting
You can see it here wrapped in tape just above the oil return line.
There are a few more things to install, but that can be done after the engine is hung. There are a few more holes I need to drill in the firewall for cables and wires, but that’s no more than an hour of work, and I’m hoping to get it done some time this week.