Yesterday I spent a few hours working on the panel. I received an order of some 6-32 nut plates for mounting the sub modules onto the panel.
I started by doublechecking the measurements for the through-holes, and then drilled the panel. I didn’t get individual photos, but here is the back once the nut plates were riveted on.
After double checking the alignment of everything individually I test fit all the components.
I then decided to mount the primary display tray to the back of the panel.
The panel then screws into this from the front of the panel. This will allow for some additional components to be mounted easily behind the panel.
I checked the fit by temporarily installing the panel in the plane. Plenty of room all around.
Starting to look almost like a real plane!
Next I’ll begin marking and drilling the switches and some additional components including the Hobbs meter, ELT tester, the Dynon Ident button and dimmer knobs.