Horizontal stab

Today was a big day, I spent about 8 hours on the stab.  

 
I finished smoothing out the front spar reinforcing bars and match drilling everything to the spars, along with the spar doublers. 

  
I then clecoed the Stab skeleton together, match drilled the rib holes to the spars and deburred the holes.  

  
I then managed to get the skin all clecoed on to the frame, that was super hard to get it flush with the ribs, the aluminum is under-bent when it’s shipped. 

  
I then clamped and marked the hole positions for the remaining spar holes and the inner ribs that have to be drilled to match the skin. 

Overall it was a productive day, I’m still getting the hang of the part naming convention and the drawing call-outs. It’s only the second day, but I can see the progress which is a good sign! 

Horizontal stab

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s