Had a solid day of work in the shop. My goal was to get the rollbar, and final top skin fitted.
I started by finishing the riveting on the canopy frame and mounting brackets.
Here are the very messy rivets that hold the angle to the bulkhead. I don’t have any tools that could get to these rivets cleanly, but I got it done.
I then measured and aligned the rollbar brackets and drilled them to the frame. This is the left side. I then bolted this to the structure.
The right side was much easier for some reason.
Once I bolted these to the frame, I mounted the rollbar.
I clamped the rollbar to the now bolted on brackets. I also fitted the channel to the baggage bulkhead and to the rollbar.
I then filed down the brackets to match the contour of the skin. This is to allow the final skin to bolt to the rollbar without any bends.
Once I finished filing the brackets I got out the fuse skin and laid it out, I then clecoed it to the fuselage to prep for match drilling.
Here’s the final skin clecoed to the fuse. The rear window will nestle under he skin and on top of the rollbar. This skin will get riveted later on after I finish mounting more components behind the baggage wall. Still need to install the transponder and the ELT.